We live in an age where there is an urgent need for cooperative responses to address major global security challenges, as well as to transform intractable inter-state and intrastate conflicts.
This Global Cooperation and Security programme at University of Birmingham responds to that need by providing you with an advanced interdisciplinary training in the theory and practice of global cooperation and conflict resolution.
We offer research-led teaching at the intersection of International Relations, Political Psychology and Security Studies, combined with a 5-day training programme in 'Trust, Diplomacy and Conflict Transformation'.
Our MSc students can pursue exciting and stimulating career opportunities with a range of organisations including government agencies, international organisations, the armed forces, NGOs, think-tanks, the media, the political world, and multinational corporations. Our excellent academic training is complemented by networking opportunities and voluntary work placements either at the Institute for Conflict, Cooperation and Security (ICCS) itself, or at one of our partner organisations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fear, Cooperation and Trust in World Politics
- Global Cooperation in Practice
- Trust, Diplomacy and Conflict Transformation
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesInternational Relations Terrorism & Security View 519 other Masters in International Relations in United Kingdom
- A good honours degree (UK 2:1, GPA 3.00) is required for admission to taught Masters programmes. The application form must be supported by two letters of reference, and non-native English overseas students should also submit a statement of English language competence (TOEFL 580/237; IELTS 6.5). Entry at Graduate Diploma level is possible for those with a reasonable first degree. Graduate Diploma students can upgrade to the Msc on satisfactory examination performance.
International20160 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20160 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9500 GBP per year during 12 months.
- £4,750 PT (Home students)
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.