Why this programme
Accredited by the Royal Society of Biology for the purpose of meeting, in part, the academic and experience requirement for the Membership and Chartered Biologist (CBiol).
The aim of the Sport and Exercise Science and Medicine programme of the University of Glasgow is to merge sport and exercise medicine and sport and exercise science within a single degree programme providing a broad range of options across these disciplines.
Benefit from access to the facilities and resources of the National Stadium Sports, Health and Injury Clinic at Hampden Park, a custom-built, state-of-the-art sports medicine facility.
Develop and enhance your skills in:
- Literature searching and critically evaluating relevant scientific evidence
- Application of knowledge to novel concepts and situations
- Experimental design
- Research methods and ethics
- Data handling and statistics
- Interpretation and evaluation of experimental data
- Scientific writing
- Oral presentations
Access state-of-the-art facilities to study performance and health aspects of sport and exercise science, from the whole body to the molecular level. These include advanced exercise laboratories, metabolic investigation suites and a molecular biochemistry lab. We are the best equipped exercise science group for laboratory facilities in Scotland.
Opportunities for internships (in place of a research project) may be available for some students since the University has close links with a number of regional/national sporting bodies and professional sporting clubs.
Guest lecture staff provide interactive sessions in their specialist fields.
The flexibility of this programme will provide you with many career opportunities.
These include working in clinical exercise, health-promotion or in sports science support.
A number of our graduates are employed in senior sports science positions with national sporting bodies and professional sports clubs.
This programme also allows doctors and physiotherapists to aid their knowledge.
For science graduates, there are opportunities in rehabilitation and higher education. It also provides an excellent basis if you wish to pursue PhD level research.
- Evidence-Based Biomedical Research Methods and Statistics
- Physical Activity and Health: Epidemiology, Mechanisms and Interventions
- Ergogenic Aids for Exercise Performance
- Sport and Exercise Medicine in Practice
- Exercise In Clinical Populations
- Physical Activity and Health: Public Health and Behaviour Change
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Sports Sciences Kinesiology View 68 other Masters in Kinesiology in United Kingdom
- A degree in the sport and exercise sciences, physiotherapy, medicine, other relevant biological/biomedical sciences, or other health professions/health-related areas (at least a 2.2 Honours degree or equivalent). Alternative qualifications will also be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- A copy (or copies) of your official degree certificate(s) (if you have already completed your degree)
- A copy (or copies) of your official academic transcript(s), showing full details of subjects studied and grades/marks obtained
- Official English translations of the certificate(s) and transcript(s)
- One reference letter on headed paper
- Evidence of your English language ability (if your first language is not English)
- A copy of the photo page of your passport (Non-EU students only)
International25750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25750 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK Part-time fee: £1,112 per 20 credits
Living costs for Glasgow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.