This Innovation and Design programme from Mälardalen University is an interdisciplinary programme combining subjects such as engineering science, social science and the humanities, but also perspectives taken from the world of art. You acquire knowledge of innovation processes for the development of services and products, considering sustainability and how innovation and design affects users and organisations.
The courses within the programme helps to develop your ability to work in interdisciplinary projects with both national and international organisations. You can also choose to specialise within your own field of interest, such as user experience (UX), design processes, agile methods or simply any kind of creative field of knowledge.
Employment and Future Prospects
After your studies you have a deeper understanding of key concepts and theories in innovation and design. Thanks to the breadth and individual depth of the programme you are well prepared for managerial posts in the private and public sectors, both nationally and internationally.
Possible future professions could be project managers, innovation managers, research and development managers, product developers or designers. You can also pursue a career as a researcher in academia.
- Innovation and Design
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesIndustrial Design Design Sustainable Development View 42 other Masters in Design in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed Bachelor's degree from an institution of higher education of three years or more, equivalent to 180 credits. A TOEFL test result, with a minimum score of 575 with a TWE score of at least 4.5 (PBT) or 90 with a TWE score of at least 20 (iBT) or an IELTS test result with an overall band score of at least 6.5 and no band score below 5.5 or equivalent is required.
International12689 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25379 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
For students outside EU/EEA
- Per installment prior to each semester: 67500 SEK
- Annual tuition fee: 135000 SEK
- Total programme fee: 270000 SEK
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.