The Environmental Change, Impact and Adaptation MSc degree offered at Aberystwyth University draws on world-leading expertise in the department in both the natural and social sciences to cover a range of topics including: desertification, terrestrial carbon cycles, flooding, risk management, records of palaeo-environmental change, environmental hazards, policy response, sea-level rise, and the impacts of warming and changing rainfall on ecosystem processes.
Upon completion of the course, you will be a highly competent contributor to any work relating to:
- human impacts on and management of terrestrial ecosystems
- environmental risk assessment
- environmental policy analysis
- disaster relief
- Advanced Research Skills: Science Communication And Data Analysis
- Dissertation In Environmental Change Impacts And Adaptation
- Environmental Change: A Palaeo Perspective
- Global Climate Change: Debates And Impacts
- Investigating Environmental Change: Fieldwork
- Managing Environmental Change In Practice
- Risk Management And Resilience In A Changing Environment
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesClimate Studies & Meteorology Environmental Management Environmental Sciences View 60 other Masters in Climate Studies & Meteorology in United Kingdom
- Good Undergraduate degree 2.2 (UK) (or above) equating to a mark of 56.5 or above in a related subject. European and International applicants can find their grade equivalence on our comparability page. Those who are not graduates must satisfy the University that they are of the required academic standard to pursue postgraduate study.
- Copies of University transcripts (certified translated copies are required if original document is not in English or Welsh).
- Copies of Degree certificates (certified translated copies are required if original document is not in English or Welsh).
- Personal statement within 1-2 A4 pages.
International16700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16700 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8700 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Aberystwyth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.