Do you want to be able to speak “the language of business” and understand financial decision making and financial institutions? Do you want to be taught and supervised by leading academics whilst gaining exemptions from the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) professional examinations?
Accounting is the process of summarising, analysing and reporting financial transactions to permit informed judgements and decisions by users of the information.
Finance looks at how company managers and investors make financial decisions, how they manage their risk and how financial markets function.
- The Accounting and Finance programme at Queen's University Belfast is accredited by ACCA (the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants), the global body for professional accountants. The programme is also part of the CIMA accelerated route, which will allow students to enter via the CIMA master’s gateway route.
- Students have the opportunity to hear from industry professionals and academics who regularly deliver guest lectures/talks in the Management School.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The programme offers the opportunity to pursue appropriately advanced studies in both accounting and finance, equipping the students for careers in financial institutions, management consulting, and industry or government bodies.
- The modules included in the programme aim to develop capacities of critical assessment of literature and methods, and the ability to communicate, orally and in writing, on topics in accounting and finance.
- They provide a stimulating suite of learning activities that introduce students to contemporary theories and practice.
- The contents provided during the programme will also be useful to those who wish to pursue PhD studies in accounting and finance.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFinance Accounting View 267 other Masters in Accounting in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Queen's University Belfast and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Normally a 2.1 Honours degree in Accounting and/or Finance or equivalent qualification acceptable to the University.
- Exceptional applicants with degrees in Engineering, Mathematics, Management, Economics, Business or Law may be considered. Such applicants must have sufficient relevant knowledge of Accounting/Finance.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23150 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23150 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8360 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8360 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Northern Ireland (NI) - £8360
- Republic of Ireland (ROI) - £8360
- England, Scotland or Wales (GB) - £8360
- EU Other - £23150
- International - £23150
Living costs for Belfast
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.