It’s a fantastic time to be a specialist in aerospace materials. Sheffield is at the heart of the UK aerospace industry. Many international aerospace companies look to the department to discover ways to improve both materials and processes for use in their products.
- In the Aerospace Materials programme at University of Sheffield , you will be trained in the fundamentals of thermodynamics, structure and mechanical behaviour.
Fully accredited by the Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining (IoM3). Graduates will have the underpinning knowledge for later professional registration as a Chartered Engineer (CEng).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Engineering Alloys
- Science of Materials
- Materials Processing and Characterisation
- Practical, Modelling and Digital Skills
- Design and Manufacture of Composites
- Deformation, Fracture and Fatigue
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Aerospace Engineering View 142 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Sheffield and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A good honours degree in materials, a physical science (chemistry or physics) or a related engineering subject.
- Overall IELTS score of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component, or equivalent.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International26200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26200 GBP per year during 12 months.
National13000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.