First established in the early 1950s, the Advanced Metallurgy course at University of Sheffield has produced over 1,000 graduates, with many now working in senior positions within metallurgical companies across the globe.
- We teach an in-depth and up-to-date understanding of current developments in metallurgy and metallurgical engineering.
- You’ll learn the fundamentals of thermodynamics, structure and mechanical behaviour, as well as more advanced courses on engineering alloys, processing, modelling and performance in service.
Fully accredited by the Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining (IoM3). Graduates will have the underpinning knowledge for later professional registration as a Chartered Engineer (CEng).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Engineering Alloys
- Science of Materials
- Materials Processing and Characterisation
- Practical, Modelling and Digital Skills
- Metallurgical Processing
- Deformation, Fracture and Fatigue
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 767 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A good honours degree in materials, a physical science (chemistry or physics) or a related engineering subject.
- Overall IELTS score of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component, or equivalent.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International26200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26200 GBP per year during 12 months.
National13000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.