Family Nurse Practitioners assess patients, order and interpret diagnostic tests, establish diagnoses and initiate and manage treatment plans, including prescribing medications. At UND you will spend clinical time in both primary and specialty care settings learning to provide high quality acute, chronic, and preventive care to patients across the lifespan.\
Why Study Family Nurse Practitioner at University of North Dakota?
You'll integrate courses in health informatics, policy, evidence-based practice, leadership, healthcare economics, and systems-focused practice.
All courses are delivered online, you'll be able to:
- Integrate theories, research and experiential knowledge into advanced family nursing practice;
- Demonstrate advanced practice nursing skills in the provision of health care for patients;
- Integrate technology and information systems to improve patient care and outcomes;
- Manage the family patient population within a complex healthcare delivery system;
- Contribute to the development of primary care advanced practice nursing; and,
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary team members to provide high quality health care to the family population.
- Advanced Physiology/Pathophysiology
- Essentials in Epidemiology
- Health Promotion
- Ethical, Legal and Health Policy Issues
- Adult-Gerontology Illness Management
- Family Centered Advanced Practice Nursing
- Advanced Pharmacology for Primary Care
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesNursing View 320 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- Completion of a baccalaureate degree or higher from an accredited nursing program
- An undergraduate or graduate statistics course
- A minimum GPA of at least 3.00
- Current U.S. unencumbered RN licensure
- Three letters of recommendation
- Current resume or curriculum vitae
- Statement of goals
- One year of experience as a registered nurse preferred – track specific experience desirable
- Satisfy the School of Graduate Studies' English Language Proficiency requirements
- Interview may be required
- Successful passage of criminal background check and drug screen will be required upon offer of admission
- Satisfaction of current health and immunization policy of the Department of Nursing will be required upon offer of admission
International5292 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 784 USD per credit during 48 months.
National5292 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 784 USD per credit during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.