At Sheffield, you will join a well-established programme in translation and audiovisual studies offering a wide range of translation languages which include Czech, Dutch, French, German, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish into English and English into Chinese and Italian.
- We will introduce you to key methods and approaches in translation studies and help you develop high level translation skills on this challenging course.
- The programme covers theories, methods and techniques of translation, introducing you to a range of translation software essential for success in today's translation, subtitling or digital information industries.
- The MA Translation Studies from University of Sheffield is aimed at people who wish to be professional translators, and is also excellent preparation for a PhD. The course offers regular practice of advanced pract ical translation tasks.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Language in Context
- Translation Skills
- Concepts and Approaches in Intercultural Communication
- Theory and Practice of Subtitling
- Enhanced Languages Project
- Teaching Writing in TESOL
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Translation & Interpreting View 461 other Masters in Languages in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- You’ll need a 2:1 honours degree in a language-related discipline such as linguistics, literature or a language.
- Overall IELTS score of 7.0 with a minimum of 6.5 in each component, or equivalent.
- We also accept a range of other UK qualifications and other EU/international qualifications.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20950 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9800 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.