The Molecular Biology with Biotechnology course at Bangor University has a strong practical emphasis and will provide the advanced theoretical and practical background necessary for employment in the Biotechnology industry, as well as equipping students with the knowledge required to pursue advanced studies in this area.
The 21st century post genomics era offers a wide range of job opportunities in the agricultural, medical, pharmaceutical, aquaculture, forensics and environmental science areas.
The rapidly developing economies of China and India in particular have recognised the enormous opportunities offered by Biotechnology.
Job openings in sales and marketing with companies who have a science base are also common. Some graduates will also choose to extend their knowledge base by undertaking PhD programmes in relevant areas.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Techniques Of Molecular Biology & Biotechnology
- Environmental Industrial Biotechnology
- Human Molecular Genetics
- Environmental Genomics
- Bioinformatical Analvsis Tools
- Marine Biotechnology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
The University will accept applications throughout the year, but we would generally advise that you send in your application form by the end of June.
DisciplinesBiotechnology Microbiology Molecular Sciences View 114 other Masters in Biotechnology in United Kingdom
- The normal requirement would be for a student to have a 2(ii) Honours undergraduate degree in an appropriate Biological Science subject.
- Applications from mature students, without formal qualifications, but with relevant industrial, commercial, research or other experience will be considered. Applicants from overseas must, in addition, demonstrate competence in English to an acceptable level
- Students who have undertaken 2 years of education entirely through the medium of English directly prior to entry to Bangor University, will not be required to submit an English Language test certificate.
International17500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8650 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.