In addition to the foundational courses in Legal Research Methods and Public International Law, students will be required to study International Criminal Law, International Human Rights Law and write a dissertation on a topic within the International Criminal Law or International Human Rights Law.
The remaining courses can be chosen from a range of relevant options.
Through carefully designed course work and varied teaching approaches, students will acquire the intellectual open-ness, technical expertise and critical thinking abilities that are necessary for effectiveness in a globalising world.
Careers and Employability
Employment opportunities for graduates of the International Criminal Law and International Human Rights Law programme at Bangor University will include work with international law firms, international organisations such as the United Nations, World Bank, World Trade Organisation and European Union, international courts and tribunals, ‘think tanks’ and research centres, non-governmental organisations and government (eg. Ministries of Justice and Foreign Affairs).
Having taken one of our programmes, there will, of course, also be possibilities for academically inclined students to pursue careers in teaching and research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Legal Research Methods
- International Criminal Law
- International Human Rights Law
- Law, Religion and Belief
- Public International Law
- International Law of Armed Conflict
- International Climate Change Law & Policy
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
The University will accept applications throughout the year, but we would generally advise that you send in your application form by the end of June.
DisciplinesInternational Law Criminal Law Master of Laws (LLM) View 343 other Masters in Master of Laws (LLM) in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- We accept applications from graduates of LLB (Single and Joint Honours) and related subjects such as Accountancy, Finance, Banking and Management Studies, Politics, International Relations and the Social Sciences.
- For LLB graduates and those with a related degree, we normally require a minimum of a 2(ii) degree from an approved University.
- We have many years’ experience of making offers of entry based on qualifications awarded worldwide and we welcome applications from international students. Entry will require a qualification deemed to be equivalent in level to the UK bachelor degree.
International15500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA7250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7250 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.