Drawing students from all over the world, this Music Psychology in Education, Performance and Wellbeing (Distance Learning) course at University of Sheffield focuses on the application of psychological research to musical experiences and professions, and attracts graduate musicians who work in the fields of music education, performance and therapy, or teaching.
We provide you with training in the research methods used by psychologists, together with the conceptual framework within which these methods can help to inform and explore musical expertise and understanding.
- The first year is dedicated to three broad areas of research: Musical Development, Psychology of Performance, and Researching Music in Everyday Life and Wellbeing.
- The second year offers training in Psychological Research Methods, which is followed by dissertation research on an individually chosen research project in which you use music psychological theory and methods to investigate a self-defined research question.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Musical Development
- Psychology of Performance
- Researching Music in Everyday Life and Wellbeing
- Psychological Research Methods
- Dissertation in Music Psychology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Music View 127 other Masters in Psychology in United Kingdom
- 2:1 undergraduate degree. If your undergraduate degree is not in music, you’ll need to provide evidence of substantial engagement with music.
- We also recognise the value of experience, and may accept applications from people who have not been awarded a 2:1 and have been in professional practice, or who bring other qualifications or relevant academic experience to their studies.
- Overall IELTS score of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component, or equivalent.
International4250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4250 GBP per year during 24 months.
National4250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4250 GBP per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.