If you are a health and social care practitioner undertaking work-based learning, our Master’s in Enhanced Professional Practice programme at Swansea University is an excellent way for you to gain formal academic credit for your professional development.
The course is a highly flexible and modular programme led by your needs as a student and as a busy professional. You will cover key policy and practice related topics and refine critical research and analytical skills in relation to health and social care.
With the support of an academic mentor, you will also develop professional reflective practice techniques.
The Enhanced Professional Practice programme at Swansea University is delivered through our College of Human and Health Sciences, giving you the benefit of our extensive cross-disciplinary teaching and research expertise.
Your Enhanced Professional Practice qualification will enable you to progress in your chosen discipline, potentially opening up opportunities in areas including research, education, policy, and management roles.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Starting your professional development
- Management and Leadership in Health Care Practice (WBL)
- Clinical supervision
- Policy Influences on Your Practice
- Assessing Your Current Practice
- How the Evidence Base Can Help You Change Your Practice
- How Can I Make a Change in Practice?
- Advancing Your Own Practice
- Teaching and learning in practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Applicants are encouraged to apply by 31 July for entry in September, to ensure that vacancies are still available.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Management View 249 other Masters in Health Management in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
To apply for this course you will need:
- to be employed within the health and social care sector
- an appropriate degree or its equivalent from an approved institution (preferably 2:2 or above) evidence of recent academic study and/ or Continuous Professional Development
- possession of a relevant professional portfolio
A minimum of two years’ experience
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
EU/EEA2500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2500 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
- PGDip 2 Year Part Time - £ 2,500
- PGCert 1 Year Part Time - £ 2,500
For funding and scholarships, please visit our website for more details.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.