You then select options that focus on global, comparative and British politics, as well as political theory and philosophy.
This Politics programme from Swansea University is enriched by the chance of placement opportunities, volunteering and work experiences in small research projects, depending upon availability. The Swansea Employability Academy, the student-led charity Discovery as well as the Employability Office of the Faculty are here to help you find the right placement for you.
You study four compulsory 20-credit international relations modules, and a further two optional modules before taking a 60-credit dissertation project in the second part of the course.
The compulsory modules are: conceptual issues in the theory and practice of social sciences; approaches to political theory; democracy and constitutional design; and comparative governance in complex systems.
You will develop a deep level of knowledge around politics and political study, as well as excellent oral and writing skills.
Graduates of the MA in Politics go on to careers in government and politics, humanitarian organisations, business, media and PR.
- Conceptual Issues In the Theory and Practice of Social Sciences
- Democracy and Constitutional Design
- Comparative Governance in Complex Systems
- Analysing Politics and International Relations
- Politics in Contemporary Britain
- Rights-based Approaches to Development
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations Political Science View 491 other Masters in Political Science in United Kingdom
- The typical entry requirement is a degree in any background, normally a lower second (average 55 per cent) or above or equivalent.
- Overseas and European applicants must achieve IELTS 6.5 overall (with a minimum of 5.5 in each component) or equivalent English test.
International18400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18400 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8400 GBP per year during 12 months.
Part-time (2 years) fees:
- UK students: £ 4,200
- International students: £ 9,200
- UK students: £ 2,800
- International students: £ 6,150
Living costs for Swansea
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.