You can further your interests, broaden your knowledge and at the same time hone your research skills. As well as specific research training in history, you’ll also gain a broad range of transferable skills that will be of value to employers outside academia.
- The flexibility of our MA programme allows you to carry out specialist research under expert supervision in a friendly and supportive environment.
- Core modules will develop your understanding of your chosen area of history and skills in using relevant sources, while our range of option modules allow you to focus on the particular skills that are most important to you.
- Officially accredited/recognized by the Privy Council
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Presentation
- Research Skills for Historians
- Directed Reading
- Latin and modern languages
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Ancient History Modern History View 174 other Masters in Modern History in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A first-class BA honours degree or equivalent in history or another humanities or social science discipline.
- You may be asked to supply examples of previous written work.
- Overall IELTS score of 7.0 with a minimum of 6.5 in each component, or equivalent.
- We also accept a range of other UK qualifications and other EU/international qualifications.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20400 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9300 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.