The Shipping Management programme taught at Alba Graduate Business School is a specialized program, providing students with a holistic and in depth knowledge of the most important issues in modern commercial shipping.
Through the MSc in Shipping Management program, you will:
- Acquire an in depth knowledge of the concepts and the processes involved in the management of a shipping company.
- Become familiar with technical terms and particularities of ocean-going vessels.
- Be able to identify and discuss legal issues which rise in international transport transactions.
- Become up to date with the latest trends and issues in the shipping industry and be able to evaluate their impact on it.
- Understand the sources of risk that modern shipping companies face and identify the range of company strategies available in the context of industry constraints.
- Develop global viewpoint and a critical way of thinking.
Accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC), the Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers (ICS) and the Hellenic Shipbrokers Association (HSA).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Maritime Economics
- Ship Technology
- Business Writing & Presentation Skills
- Financial Fundamentals
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Upcoming deadline : March 31
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Supply Chain Management & Logistics Transport Management View 19 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in Greece
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Hold a bachelor’s degree; - Provide evidence of excellent command of the English language;
- The completed application form, including one recent photograph in jpeg format;
- Two letters of recommendation in Greek or in English language.
- Official Academic Transcripts as well as Certified copies of degrees from each undergraduate, graduate or professional degree earned;
- Three Essays, as indicated in the Application form;
- Receipt of the non-refundable application fee's [€60] deposit
- Need to be currently employed or self-employed (valid for the part time mode only).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12500 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA12500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12500 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Athens
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- GMAT Scholarships - Those candidates who bring GMAT score from 700 and above, will be granted a scholarship of 60% of the total tuition fees for all MBA and MSc's (Excluding the Executive MBA, Double Masters for Lawyers and the MSc in ISF Programs). Candidates with high GMAT bellow 700 are also eligible for smaller scholarships.
- SEV (Hellenic Federation of Enterprises) Scholarships - SEV (Hellenic Federation of Enterprises) offers ten (10) partial scholarships for graduate studies at ALBA.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.