MAPT is part of the European Master’s in Translation Network, which currently has 64 members throughout Europe. Swansea University is the only member in Wales.
You will undertake advanced translation work in one or two language pairs on general, administrative and technical text, and training in industry-standard Computer-Assisted Translation tools.
The first part of the degree includes opportunities to develop specialised skills in public service interpreting, audiovisual translation, machine translation and software localisation, terminology management, video making or digital publishing.
The vocational MA in Professional Translation will significantly enhance your prospects for a career in translation.
Over the course of your studies, or your internship, you may make important connections for your future work.
Graduates from this Professional Translation (Extended) course at Swansea University enter a range of different translation and interpreting roles. Many also undertake research degrees and pursue a career in academia.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Translation (English to Welsh)
- Advanced Translation Technical (English to Welsh)
- Advanced Translation (English-Arabic)
- Advanced Translation (French - English)
- Advanced Translation (German - English)
- Advanced Translation (English - Italian)
- Advanced Translation (Spanish - English)
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Applicants are encouraged to apply by 31 July for entry in September, to ensure that vacancies are still available.
DisciplinesTranslation & Interpreting Linguistics View 92 other Masters in Translation & Interpreting in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A first degree, normally in Translation, a Language or a related subject, normally an upper second or above (or equivalent).
- As an alternative, we can accept a minimum of two years of relevant professional experience. Overseas students must be able to demonstrate English language competence at IELTS 6.5. level (or equivalent).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International11250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11250 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA5150 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5150 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.