Our long tradition of early-modern history research continues with a group of internationally-renowned scholars working at the cutting-edge of their fields.
- You’ll be taught through seminars and individual tutorials.
- Officially accredited/recognized by the Privy Council
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Before Facebook: Social Networks in History
- Biopolitics: Medicine, Meaning and Power
- Burying the White Gods: Indigenous People in the Early Modern Colonial World
- Food and Drink
- Language and Society in Early Modern England
- Microhistory and the History of Everyday Life
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Modern History View 625 other Masters in History in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Sheffield and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A 2:1 honours degree or equivalent in history or another humanities or social science discipline.
- You may be asked to supply examples of previous written work.
- Overall IELTS score of 7.0 with a minimum of 6.5 in each component, or equivalent.
- We also accept a range of other UK qualifications and other EU/international qualifications.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20400 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9300 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.