The core of the Social Science - Public Management and Social Development MSc course at the Copenhagen Business School (CBS) is the question of how social innovation can improve current welfare models and how future welfare solutions can be developed in cooperation between public and private sectors.
As a graduate you have a fundamental knowledge of the institutions of the welfare state and you have gained awareness of different systems of society, cultures and governing structures.
Typical job opportunities will be project management, strategic, operational and policy development in public organisations, NGOs and private companies concerned with welfare reforms, social development and national business system issues.
An alumni association for the programme will be created. It will be a tightly-knit group of people concerned with the same issues that in time it will become a strong alumni network which will be a career advantage. Graduates will have in-depth knowledge of China and the EU from both an academic, a cultural and a personal point of view. They will be able to identify problems in this cross-field and, using social science methods combined with analysis and information retrieval tools, they will be able to create innovative solutions. In addition to this, graduates will have hands-on experience with Chinese language and culture, and with intercultural cooperation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Comparing Societies and Economic Systems
- Government and Business
- Research Methods
- Organisation and Management
- Comparing Social Policies: Welfare States in Theory and Practice
- Social Innovation
- Individually Studied Subject
- An internship in a public organisation, an NGO or a private company.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesSociology Management, Organisation & Leadership Public Policy View 30 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in China
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Your educational background will be subject to an overall individual assessment in order to establish if your bachelor's degree qualifies you for the programme and the academic areas listed below are covered in full and as prescribed. The specific entry requirements are min. 30 ECTS-points within one or more of the following areas:
- Business administration (innovation/entrepreneurship; management; marketing; organisation; accounting; statistics; finance; strategy)
- Social science methodology (philosophy of science, research design, applied methods)
- Politics in general (political science, political theory, international politics, international political economy, international relations)
- Culture/society studies with a focus on one East Asian country (sociology, social studies, public administration, anthropology, development studies, law, psychology, culture studies, history, philosophy)
- Economics (microeconomics, macroeconomics, international economics)
International15200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15200 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.