Entrepreneurship is about pursuing opportunities, being innovative, and imagining an unknown future. The Social Science - Organisational Innovation and Entrepreneurship MSc course from the Copenhagen Business School (CBS) focuses on processes for designing and managing entrepreneurship and innovation in organizational settings. We see entrepreneurship and innovation as fundamental aspects of creativity: making the imagination real. Organizations are the medium for the construction of social reality, where intentions and actions develop to create the future.
The OIE program focuses on entrepreneurship and innovation processes at the societal, organizational, and individual levels. It addresses challenges associated with moving from an industrial to a postindustrial era when new ideas and organizational forms are needed. OIE provides you with a set of capabilities required to meet these challenges by offering experiences to design and test viable business models, products, services, and new modes of organization; develop sustainable innovations; identify and manage resources; and involve others in collaborative efforts.
The interdisciplinary nature of this program allows you to qualify for many different careers, which you should reflect in your second year specialization. Some students have launched their own businesses; others have joined OIE partner companies after having completed internships or having cooperated with them in master thesis projects. Apart from working as entrepreneurs, OIE students work as project managers in innovation and organization development departments, innovation analysts, product or service portfolio managers, business development managers and similar types of positions that require strong cross-disciplinary business skills.
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation in Context
- Business: Concepts and Prototypes
- Strategic Management and Innovation
- Entrepreneurial Processes
- The Art of Innovation
- Organizing Growth
- Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Making Social Science Matter
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesEntrepreneurship Innovation Management Strategic Management View 6 other Masters in Strategic Management in Denmark
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Your educational background will be subject to an overall individual assessment in order to establish if your bachelor's degree qualifies you for the programme and the academic areas listed below are covered in full and as prescribed. The specific entry requirements are min. 30 ECTS-points within one or more of the following areas:
- Organisation (organisational learning and networks; organisational structure and design; organisational behaviour)
- Management (human resource management; leadership; public management; intercultural management)
- Strategy (corporate strategy; strategic management; private/public partnerships)
- Innovation and entrepreneurship (user innovation; dynamics of creativity; firm formation; entrepreneurship)
- Social science methodology (philosophy of science, research design)
- Media, communication and design (organizational communication; communication design; design management; visual communication; media management; design concepts)
International15200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15200 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Copenhagen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.