More and more companies do business internationally. In order for companies to compete internationally, they need to analyse and understand the global market place and its complexity. This is done by analysing the business environment, which is the core of this programme.
In this Economics and Business Administration - International Business MSc course from the Copenhagen Business School (CBS) you gain knowledge of current market trends, such as customer needs, in different industries, as well as solid knowledge of financial market developments. You learn how to analyse different business environments in advanced economies, and you will also be exposed to emerging markets. You will learn how to analyse different business environments and you will understand the development of international business in emerging markets as well as the role of emerging market firms in the global economy.
The interdisciplinary approach in this programme, building on insights from business strategy, finance, corporate governance and politics, gives you an understanding of the international environment that companies operate in. In addition you also gain knowledge about the internal factors of an international company, such as management and international decision-making.
The IBS concentration does not lead to specific job titles or functional areas, which leave room for you to decide in which area your skills should be applied. The core competences of graduates are the ability to research, analyse and strategisze in an international context. This makes you employable in a broad range of areas from finance and industry to IT, consulting, and general management.
- International Business Environment: Strategy, Policy and Organisation
- Applied Business Research
- International Financial Markets
- Analysis of International Industries and Competition
- International Business and Strategy
- International Corporate Governance
- International Business in Emerging Markets
- Business Project in International Business
- Master Thesis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesManagement Studies Supply Chain Management & Logistics International Business View 20 other Masters in Management Studies in Denmark
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- This is a concentration under the MSc in Economics and Business Administration (EBA)/cand.merc. programme.
- The MSc EBA/cand.merc. graduate programme is the natural progression for the following bachelor degrees: HA Almen from CBS, HA i erhvervsøkonomi og projektledelse, HA i Europæisk Business, BSc in International Shipping and Trade from CBS, BSc in International Business from CBS and BSc in Business Administration and Service Management from CBS.
- Applicants who do not have one of the above-mentioned bachelor degrees can also be qualified for the programme. Your educational background will be subject to an overall individual assessment and the following specific entry requirements should be met:
- 45 ECTS-points in the following core academic areas, with a minimum of 5 ECTS-points within each: Microeconomics, Organisation, Marketing, Quantitative Methods/Statistics, Accounting, Finance
- 45 ECTS-points in Business Administration/Economics
International15200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15200 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Copenhagen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.