The focus of the concentration is on driving the company towards its goals by making its strategy operational. There is a big difference between making a strategy and making it happen. Often this process is made difficult by vaguely defined goals or differences in perception of the strategy throughout the organisation. At this Economics and Business Administration - Accounting, Strategy and Control MSc course from the Copenhagen Business School (CBS) you will learn how to deal with these challenges by interpreting the strategy, breaking it down into smaller parts and making the goals concrete and measurable. This will enable you to create a uniform and tangible understanding of the strategy, from board level, down through management to the individual employee.
- Some graduates will find employment in consulting. As a consultant you can help companies tackle various problems. You could for instance advise companies on organisational restructuring, optimisation of various internal processes, or implementation of systems for control.
- The solid understanding of company cost and value drivers also leads graduates to positions as financial analysts and investment bankers, working with valuation of companies for financial institutions, or management of financial risk in corporations. Graduates from the ASC concentration also find work as financial or business controllers. From this position you could for instance be evaluating internal performance and compliance of business units or employees. You could also be making budget analysis to plan and control organisational projects and initiatives.
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Cost and Management Accounting
- Accounting and Control
- Risk Management and Corporate Finance
- Performance Measurement and Incentives
- Implementation of Accounting
- Master Thesis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesFinance Accounting Risk Management View 4 other Masters in Risk Management in Denmark
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- This is a concentration under the MSc in Economics and Business Administration (EBA)/cand.merc. programme.
- The MSc EBA/cand.merc. graduate programme is the natural progression for the following bachelor degrees: HA Almen from CBS, HA i erhvervsøkonomi og projektledelse, HA i Europæisk Business, BSc in International Shipping and Trade from CBS, BSc in International Business from CBS and BSc in Business Administration and Service Management from CBS.
- Applicants who do not have one of the above-mentioned bachelor degrees can also be qualified for the programme. Your educational background will be subject to an overall individual assessment and the following specific entry requirements should be met:
- 45 ECTS-points in the following core academic areas, with a minimum of 5 ECTS-points within each: Microeconomics, Organisation, Marketing, Quantitative Methods/Statistics, Accounting, Finance
- 45 ECTS-points in Business Administration/Economics
International15200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15200 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Copenhagen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.