The complexity of modern organisations stems in large part from globalisation and diversity. Management of diversity and change that arise from globalisation is the very core of this programme.
This Business, Language and Culture - Diversity and Change Management MSc course from the Copenhagen Business School (CBS) teaches you diversity as a concept, which includes areas such as culture, gender, ethnicity, and religion. On the basis of your knowledge within diversity, you are taught how to deal with different diversity issues that prove to be a challenge for modern organisations. You also gain management skills as a tool to handle diversity in an organisational context. This includes work in diverse teams, management of challenging projects and managing organisational change. Throughout the courses you will apply your knowledge on cases, games and projects.
Due to the complexity of modern organisations, this concentration focuses on the management of diverse workforces and complex and diverse tasks, both inside and outside the organisation. This includes understanding local contexts and incorporating that knowledge internally in the organisation. An example is managing cultural complexity internally in the organisation, which stems from employing people with different nationalities.
Diversity and Change Management also prepares you to participate in leading, managing and organising activities in local cultural contexts on the basis of your cultural knowledge and project management skills. You learn to understand and gain knowledge from local contexts as well as to incorporate that knowledge internally in the organisation.
- Graduates of this program will likely develop careers as consultants, as project managers and administrators, or as line managers in different industries and contexts. They are as likely to work in small and medium sized organizations as in large companies, and are equally likely to find non-profit or public sector work.
- Their responsibilities will include planning and executing projects; leading and integrating employees from diverse settings into the workplace; undertaking assignments in diverse international contexts; participating in change projects or other HR initiatives; and providing market and customer analysis, business plans and marketing proposals. The study programme will provide students with a broad base of generalist knowledge as well as a versatile skill set to prepare them to work on the edge of local and global contexts characterized by complexity and change.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Diversity management
- Managing the global workplace
- Organisational change
- Governance and Institutions in Regional Context
- Leading and managing projects
- Leading complex organisations
- Methods course
- Organising and Managing in Regional Context
- Master's Thesis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Ethnic Studies Management, Organisation & Leadership View 24 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in Denmark
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- This is a concentration under the MSc in Business, Language and Culture programme. MSc in Business, Language and Culture has two concentrations. The entry requirements below are the same for both concentrations.
- The MSc in Business, Language and Culture is the natural progression for the BSc in Business, Language and Culture from CBS and the BSc in International Business in Asia from CBS.
- Applicants who do not have one of the above-mentioned bachelor degrees can also be qualified for the programme, if they have an equivalent academic background. Your educational background will be subject to an overall individual assessment and the following specific entry requirements should be met: 25 ECTS-points in Business Administration/ Economics; 5 ECTS-points in Micro/Macroeconomics.
- The programme requires proficiency in Chinese, French, German, Japanese or Spanish as well as comprehensive understanding of cultural, societal and political contexts.
International15200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15200 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.