You will develop sophisticated reading skills in ancient languages as well as an ability to apply them to the most profound and important literary texts from the ancient world.
A wide selection of modules include narrative genres and theory, Greek and Latin texts, romance refracted and novels renewed, being Greek under Rome, and magic in the ancient world.
Your study resources include a main library which is generously stocked with original literary and documentary texts, with basic works of reference and secondary material. It subscribes to a wide range of general and specialist periodicals.
You may also benefit from the thriving Classics , Ancient History and Egyptology postgraduate seminar, which meets weekly.
You will develop excellent oral and writing skills, and learn to present your ideas in a range of formats. Strong research, analytical and problem-solving skills will all boost your employment prospects.
Graduates from this Classics programme from Swansea University enter a range of sectors including research, education, publishing, marketing and government.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methodologies in Ancient History
- Narrative genres and theory
- Explorers, Travel and Geography in the Ancient World
- Romance Refracted and novels renewed
- Saints and Sinners in Christian Late Antiquity
- Magic in the Ancient World: Exploring the Sources
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies General Studies & Classics Literature View 369 other Masters in Literature in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- The typical entry requirement is a degree in Classics, Classical Civilisation or a related background in Arts and Humanities, normally an upper second or above, or equivalent. Overseas and European applicants must achieve IELTS 6.5 overall (with a minimum of 5.5 in each component) or equivalent English test.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16650 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7850 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK students: £ 2,600
- International students: £ 5,550
Living costs for Swansea
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.