Energy Systems from Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology (Skoltech) is designed to combine optimization, computer science, complex systems, statistical physics, control theory, and energy system engineering to develop innovative approaches to new and challenging programs in the design, optimization, and control of the electrical grid, natural gas networks and other complex engineered networks.
Graduates with Energy Systems from Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology (Skoltech) will be able to:
- Formulate/model real-world problems using the language of modern theoretical engineering;
- Use the most appropriate modern mathematical/computational/software tools to successfully solve an engineering problem in energy systems and related disciplines;
- Develop new mathematical/computational methods or adapt existing methods to solve a particular engineering/networking problem;
- Implement algorithms into efficient/scalable and reliable software;
- Work with technical literature (e.g. conduct bibliographical research, read and critically analyze scientific articles, use scientific metrics and important databases);
- Operate and make measurements with hardware energy and related sensing devices;
- Present results to different audiences (engineers, industry, researchers, users, stakeholders, etc.) in an effective oral and written manner.
- Mathematics for Engineers
- Optimization Methods
- Non-Equilibrium Processes in Energy Conversion
- Power Markets and Regulations
- Smart Grids
- Renewable Energy
- Leadership for Innovators
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering General Engineering & Technology Sustainable Energy View 27 other Masters in Energy & Power Engineering in Russia
- Successful candidates must know: Linear algebra, Calculus, Differential equations, Basic probability, Programming, General Physics (mechanics, electro-magnetism, thermodynamics)
- Successful candidates must have Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, computer science or physics, or a bachelor’s degree in engineering (electric or mechanical).
- English proficiency
- Online Application
- Personal statement/Motivation letter (in English)
- Resume (in English)
- Two letters of recommendation (these should contain contact phone and/or e-mail of the recommender, if the letters are in Russian please make your own translation in English, scan in one file with the original and upload this way)
- If available: Diploma and/or current transcript
- If available: Official GRE scores (applications submitted with excellent GRE scores will increase the chance of acceptance)
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
No tuition fee for applicants who pass the selection process
Living costs for Moscow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.