Contemporary politics shows that there is more need than ever for critical understanding of the formative political, social, economic and intellectual trends in American history.
- This American History MA degree at University of Sheffield gives you the opportunity to study the historical development of the United States from the first encounter between Europeans and indigenous Americans in the colonial period through to the end of the Cold War.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Approaches and Methods in Media History
- Before Facebook: Social Networks in History
- Biopolitics: Medicine, Meaning and Power
- Black Power: Race, Gender and Liberation in the United States and Beyond
- Burying the White Gods: Indigenous People in the Early Modern Colonial World
- Cold War Histories
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory American Studies View 646 other Masters in History in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A 2:1 honours degree or equivalent in history or another humanities or social science discipline.
- You may be asked to supply examples of previous written work.
- Overall IELTS score of 7.0 with a minimum of 6.5 in each component, or equivalent.
- We also accept a range of other UK qualifications and other EU/international qualifications.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20400 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9300 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.