There has never been a more exciting and important time to study world politics.
The refugee crisis, epidemics like Ebola and Zika, terrorism, international conflict and nuclear tensions are just some of the issues that highlight how the complexity of international politics affects the lives of billions.
Careers and skills
Our students go on to careers in international organisations, the media, law, the civil service, politics, journalism and business.
This International Relations course from University of York is an excellent pathway to careers in a wide range of private and public sector organisations, and for further academic study in international relations and political science.
Recent graduates work for leading universities and as policy advisers in various countries around the world. Popular employers also include:
- Local councils
- Civil Service / Home Office/ House of Commons
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Professional services / Accountancy firms - notably PwC, EY, KPMG
- Joseph Rowntree Foundation
- Development charities including the International Committee of the Red Cross.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Themes and Theories in International Relations
- New Security Challenges
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Development View 363 other Masters in International Development in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- 2:1 or equivalent. We are willing to consider applicants with lower qualifications, particularly if you have high marks in relevant modules and/or appropriate professional experience. Additional information may be requested.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18240 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18240 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8040 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8040 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK/EU: £4,020
- International: £9,120
Living costs for York
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.