Course attendees focus on developing the knowledge and skills required for improving the health and well-being of culturally diverse individuals and populations, through: the promotion of health and prevention of diseases; the development of skills to lead and manage change; and, the assessment, planning and evaluation of policy and practice interventions.
Course content focuses on the factors that underpin public health and health promotion, epidemiology, health economics, research, and the social and behavioural sciences.
There are numerous career options for those who have a grounding in public health and health promotion.
Former students of the Public Health and Health Promotion course at Bangor University have gained employment in fields such as community development, health economics, health education, health promotion, higher education, economic development, environmental health, health promotion/health improvement, leadership and planning, nutrition, public health, research, training, and youth engagement.
These roles are in a variety of settings including non-governmental organisations, public and government services, and the voluntary sectors. Although the roles and settings are varied, all have a focus on the protection and improvement of the health of whole populations.
- Principles and Practices of Public Health & Health Promotion
- Health Economics
- Research Methods
- Social & Behavioural Science
- Dissertation module, and An Optional module.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We will accept applications throughout the year, but we would generally advise that you send in your application form by the end of June (for September intake).
DisciplinesMarketing Public Health Health Management View 472 other Masters in Health Management in United Kingdom
- For entry on to this course a 2(ii) or higher undergraduate degree in a related subject; alternatively, possession of a suitable qualification and work experience will be considered.
- For International students, we ask for an IELTS score of 6.0 (with no element less than 5.5), or equivalent.
- When applying, please state clearly if you are applying for the full time or 2 year part time course.
International16750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16750 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8750 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Bangor
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.