- Collaboration with E'cole Superieure de Journalisme de LilleOur tutors are practising journalists with a range of experience. You will also benefit from guest speakers from national magazines and newspapers in both print and online.
- We have a collaboration with the Lille Superior School of Journalism in France which this year will focus on a magazine themed around perspectives on Brexit. You'll have chance to go on an exchange visit to the School, which is France's best performing journalism school.
- Work placements, and subsequent job offers, have been at GQ, Grazia, Hello! Magazine and Spindle online.
What will you study?
During the Magazine Journalism course at Kingston University, you will be taught through a combination of lectures and seminars and practical workshops focusing on hands-on activities, such as writing, interviewing, subediting, magazine production, blogging, and writing and uploading copy for the web. In collaboration with other students, you will produce a magazine (print and online), and will undertake at least one placement on a published title.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCore modules:
- Creating Magazines: Content and Context
- Feature Writing
- Journalism in Context: Law, Ethics and the Industry
- MA Journalism Dissertation
- Practical Journalism Project
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, applications will close when the course is full.
DisciplinesFashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Journalism View 110 other Masters in Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods in United Kingdom
- a good honours degree (2:1 or above) or equivalent in an essay-writing subject, demonstrating high standards of literacy; and/or
- evidence of substantial and demonstrable professional commitment to journalism.
International16600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16600 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA10200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10200 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Home and European Union:
- MA part time £5,610
Overseas (not EU):
- MA part time £9,130
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.