In the Creative Writing and Publishing course at Kingston University, you'll benefit from teaching staff who have practical experience of working in publishing and/or creative writing industries, attend a series of masterclasses across the disciplines and work on live projects. You will be given the opportunity to specialise in the genre of your choice, be it poetry, drama or children's fiction.
The publishing element focuses on marketing-led commercial and trade publishing, and the modules you study will help you to understand the structure of the industry and the core skills required to enter.
Graduates of the Creative Writing and Publishing course at Kingston will develop a range of skills desirable to employers, such as communication skills, self-management, meticulousness in editing and presentation, the ability to reflect on one's own work and to respond to constructive criticism, the ability to write for particular purposes and the ability to work constructively with others.
In addition to a possible career as a translator and a writer, particular careers may include work in publishing, journalism, advertising and marketing, film, television, radio, arts management, new media, business, teaching and therapeutic fields.
- Create: The Business of Publishing
- Share: Strategic Marketing and Sales
- Make: Content Development and Production
- Writers' Workshop
- Ten Critical Challenges for Creative Writers
- Structure and Style
- Special Study: Workshop in Popular Genre Writing
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, applications will close when the course is full.
DisciplinesCreative Writing Journalism View 216 other Masters in Creative Writing in United Kingdom
We normally expect applicants to have:
- a 2:2 or above honours degree in a related subject; and/or
- a demonstrative interest in creative writing.
- Applicants with prior qualifications and learning may be exempt from appropriate parts of a course in accordance with the University's policy for the assessment of prior learning and prior experiential learning.
- You must also submit a 3,000-word sample of creative writing, a personal statement (1,000 words).
International15800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15800 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9620 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9620 GBP per year during 12 months.
UK students tuition fees:
- MSc part time £5,291
- MSc part time £8,690
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.