This MSc in Advanced Clinical Practice programme from Bangor University has been developed in collaboration with professional health and social care organisations in the UK. The programme has been designed for health professionals who wish to study at an advanced level to increase their knowledge, skills and attributes so that they can contribute to modern day health and social care challenges. The modernisation of the NHS and the extended role of the professional requires the professional to be a flexible, competent professional practitioner who is able to use complex decision making skills and has a wide knowledge base.
The programme has been developed to enhance the professional knowledge of physiological and pathophysiological processes which, together with social and psychological phenomena, underlie health and disease.
To develop autonomous postgraduates with advanced professional knowledge and skills, who will have a vital role in the new NHS and other organisations both in the UK and internationally.
- To acquire the level of knowledge and skills which gives confidence and enhances the individual’s ability to become a dynamic and creative innovator, change agent and leader.
- To further develop the cognitive skills and intellectual pursuits which postgraduate level work is designed to enhance such as critical analysis, synthesis, evaluation of professional issues and practice.
- To develop skills in creative thinking and reappraisal of opinions and values related to their profession.
- To provide opportunities for professionals to develop their own knowledge and skills in relation to their practice.
- To foster critical understanding of political, philosophical and socio-economic issues in the UK and internationally.
- To empower practitioners to participate as equal team members in multi-professional organisations.
- To develop leadership qualities and clear accountability for services and partnerships at all levels.
- To encourage the dissemination of ‘best practice’ in professional roles and support innovation in participating practices.
- To develop research knowledge and skills to enable practitioners to critically appraise health and social care research, and conduct small scale research studies relevant to their own professional practice.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Consultation and History Taking
- Physical Examination and Diagnostics
- Biology and Physiology
- Research Methods
- Statistics Independent Prescribing
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
The University will accept applications throughout the year, but we would generally advise that you send in your application form by the end of June.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Management Health Sciences View 990 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
- Prospective applicants should hold an undergraduate degree in a relevant subject (of 2(ii) or above), and/or mature student status with appropriate professional qualifications.
International16500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16500 GBP per year during 36 months.
National8000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8000 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Bangor
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.