- The Development and International Economics course at Kingston University is good preparation for work with a range of public and private institutions, including national and international government agencies and non-governmental organisations (NGOs), and commercial organisations in sectors ranging from the City of London to trading and manufacturing businesses of all sizes.
- Lectures are supplemented by seminars, giving an opportunity for regular feedback and discussion.
- Guest speakers, conferences and workshops provide an extra dimension to your studies.
What will you study?
You will study core aspects of macro- and microeconomic theory, applied econometrics and economic policy. You will also gain in-depth knowledge of the theory and contemporary issues surrounding international trade, and of the problems that developing countries confront in dealing with the international economic environment. Such problems include trade and development, the effect of foreign direct investment (FDI) on development, and the significance of technology transfer.
The degree culminates in your dissertation, in which you will have the opportunity to carry out in-depth research into a contemporary issue dealing with developing countries, international trade and FDI. You will work with a member of the Economics department who specialises in and pursues research in this area.
Where this course will take you
The Development and International Economics MA can lead to a range of career opportunities in the public and private sectors, including national and international government agencies and non-governmental organisations, and commercial organisations in sectors ranging from the City of London to trading and manufacturing businesses of all sizes.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Economic Change and Ideas
- Macroeconomic Theory and Policy
- Development and International Economics
- Economics Dissertation
- Financial Economics
- Applied Econometrics and Methods
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, applications will close when the course is full.
DisciplinesEconomics Sustainable Development View 437 other Masters in Economics in United Kingdom
- Second-class degree or above, in an appropriate subject.
International14500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8190 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8190 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Home and European Union:
- MA part time £4,504
Overseas (not EU):
- MA part time£7,975
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.