- You will be fully supported in developing postgraduate academic skills and preparing your dissertation, which allows you to research an area of particular interest in greater depth.
- Alongside your academic studies, you will gain skills in problem-solving and organisation; data collation, review and synopsis; communication (oral, written and electronic); time management; computing; and co-operation and teamwork.
- You can take part in an active interchange of policy ideas with research-active staff and visiting speakers through seminars organised by the Political Economy Research Group.
What will you study?
During the International Politics and Economics course at Kingston University, you will gain a thorough grounding in the main issues and theories that shape relations in the international economic system. You will also take modules that outline the main institutions and factors that influence global economic and political governance. At the same time, significant attention is given to your career development skills. There is a strong emphasis on developing research and analytical writing skills. Your dissertation will allow you to develop an area of particular interest in greater depth.
More informationVisit official programme website
- International Political Economy: Capitalism, Imperialism and the State
- Research Skills and Dissertation/Project Proposal
- Economic Change and Ideas
- Environmental Politics: Movements and Ideas
- Financialisation, Globalisation and Economic Policy
- From State to Global Politics
- Political Economy: Effective Demand, Exploitation and Crisis
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, applications will close when the course is full.
DisciplinesEconomics International Relations View 428 other Masters in Economics in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Applicants should have:
- a good undergraduate qualification in an appropriate subject;
- other appropriate qualifications, such as a relevant postgraduate diploma; and/or
- relevant professional experience.
International14500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8190 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8190 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- MA part time £4,504
- MA part time £7,975
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.