The Forestry (Distance Learning) course at Bangor University course is designed to provide students with training in the management of forest resources, understanding of the scientific, academic and practical principles which underpin forest management and forest ecosystem function and the interrelationships between government, industry and communities’ forests and associated land-use.
Careers and Employability
The part-time nature of this course enables students to build their career alongside other work or personal commitments. Current students and recent graduates have secured jobs as commercial forest managers, forest surveyors, ecological consultants, forestry finance advisors and business start-ups. Careers prospects also include promotion for those already in the forestry or related professions. The part-time nature of the course opens up numerous opportunities for study, travel, scholarship and research and students are encouraged to take advantage of these.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Forestry Study Tour
- Forest Ecosystems
- Natural Resource Management
- Forest Management Planning
- Forest Inventory, Assessment and Monitoring
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
The University will accept applications throughout the year.
DisciplinesForestry View 4 other Masters in Forestry in United Kingdom
- Generally a 2(i) undergraduate Honours degree in a relevant science or technology subject is required, such as biology, horticulture, agriculture, law, economics, engineering, environmental science.
- Applications from mature students who do not have higher education qualifications but have relevant work experience and who have worked for a minimum of 2 years in a position of responsibility and relevance to the degree will also be considered.
International17500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17500 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA8650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8650 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.