The Online Master's Degree in Curriculum and Instruction: Autism Studies Option at University of Massachusetts Lowell is a 10 course (30 credit) master's degree program which can be completed entirely online.
Candidates seeking this option must first complete the Graduate Certificate in Behavioral Intervention in Autism at UMass Lowell. Upon completion of the certificate, candidates must apply and be admitted to the M.Ed. degree to have their certificate courses(15 credits maximum) included as part of the thirty required credits.
The balance of the required courses focus on curriculum development and instructional practices in a K-12 school setting. The Education courses do not focus on Autism, but examine general issues in Curriculum and Instruction; as such, this master's degree is most appropriate for candidates who work in school settings and/or have relevant experience in Curriculum and Instruction. Several of the Education courses require assignments which assume that the candidate is in a classroom setting.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Educating Diverse Populations
- Dynamics of Curricular Change
- History & Theory of Curriculum
- Curriculum Design K-12
- Introduction to Behavioral Intervention in Autism
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , International
- National Students - UMass Lowell Graduate Admissions offers rolling admissions for all programs
DisciplinesEducation Special Education View 155 other Masters in Special Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Statement of Purpose (1-2 pages in length)
- All official transcripts
- Three letters of recommendation
- Application fee
- Proof of valid teaching license or if in a private setting where licensure is not required, individuals with a minimum of three years teaching experience, should submit a letter from their school's chief academic administrator providing proof of teaching in the school.
International26370 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 26370 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National26370 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 26370 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State14590 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14590 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.