The Specializing Master in Service Design at POLI.design - Milan (Italy) delivers an English teaching programme on service design employing a practical and learning-by-doing approach, based on lectures that underline the design discipline, and on applied and cutting-edge contents. Students will acquire the fundamental competencies to understand people’s needs and behaviors, interpret changes within contemporary society, and design effective and efficient solutions, processes, and experiences.The Master is supported by outstanding partners belonging both to the public and the private sector.
Contemporary society has changed a lot in the last decade, accompanied by substantial technological empowerment and important societal and economic transformations.
Throughout our daily lives, we increasingly get in touch with a huge variety of services provided to different users and contexts, which involve different types of innovation in many fields: mobility, health, finance, insurance, tourism, hospitality, and education, just to mention few. These experiences and performances need to be designed to create value for citizens, firms, not for profit organisations, public administrations as well as governments.
The Specializing Master in Service Design trains specialists in the design of services for firms and public sector organizations.The programme’s overall objectives are to produce experts and consultants with a solid design culture, vision, and the ability to design, manage, and organize the conception and implementation of a service. It also aims to develop innovation and entrepreneurship.On conclusion of the programme, the participants will be able to:
- Devise systemic innovation models for services
- Deploy theoretical skills to operate with complex system
- Use specific service design tools and manage redesign
- Observe & Analyse user experience to construct a user-centred vision of complex interactions
- Manage service conception, design and development
- Foster entrepreneurship
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Lectures: Theoretical lessons aimed at introducing the discipline, and methodological lessons devoted to the acquisition of processes, tools, and approaches.
- Service Design Pills: Targeted seminars that delve deeper into approaches and tools through the experimentation on a topic.
- Service Jams: Mini-workshops in collaboration with companies, focused on the generation of service concepts.
- Service Design Workshops: Design labs, in collaboration with companies, dealing with a real briefing that is focused on user research, and the development of service ideas and prototyping.
- Internship: 475 hours training experience in a partner company of the Specializing Master or other companies suggested by participants.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- for Italian / foreign citizens with a qualification obtained in Italy within September 23
- for Extra U.E. citizens within August 23
DisciplinesIndustrial Design Design View 51 other Masters in Design in Italy
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The Specializing Master invites applications from candidates with a degree, master’s degree, or university-level diploma in design, architecture or engineering.
- Candidates may also be specialized in non-polytechnic disciplines for whom polytechnic skills can significantly enhance their prior professional training.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15500 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA15500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15500 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Milano
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.