On this course, you'll learn translation skills and get the technological and theoretical knowledge you'll need for a successful career. You can study around your existing professional and personal commitments by choosing between full-time, part-time, campus-based and distance learning options
The flexible nature of this course means that you can work towards one of the following exit awards, depending on the number of credits and length of your study:
- MA in Translation Studies (180 credits)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Translation Studies (120) credits
- Postgraduate Certificate in Translation Studies (60) credits
When you finish the course, our Careers and Employability service can help you find a job that puts your skills to work in the industry.
What can you do with a Translation Studies (Distance Learning) degree course at University of Portsmouth
Career options when you graduate include:
- Translation project management
- Freelance Translation
- Further research
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Intercultural communication
- Professional aspects of translation
- Professional portfolio
- Technical communication
- Translation project
- Translation technologies
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesTranslation & Interpreting View 11 other Masters in Translation & Interpreting in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A good honours degree in a relevant subject, or equivalent professional experience and/or qualifications. Applicants whose main language is English require advanced knowledge of at least one other language (Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Russian or Spanish).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.