The Educational Leadership (Specialist Qualification for Headship) course offered at University of Stirling cultivates the knowledge and understanding you’ll need to put informed strategic vision, values and aims into practice – helping you to lead change for improvement wherever you work. Through your studies, you’ll further develop your leadership and management practices in supportive, creative and challenging learning environments.
A flexible study route and a combination of face-to-face and online teaching makes it easier for you to fit your coursework around existing commitments, while the practice-based learning is set within your Professional Standards framework.
Please note: Prospective candidates for the Postgraduate Certificates “Into Headship” and “In Headship” must be sponsored by their local authority to apply for this Masters through Education Scotland.
This course is only available to students with a tuition fee status of UK.
The PG Certificate Into Headship enables candidates to demonstrate the Standard for Headship and is accredited by the General Teaching Council for Scotland. Into Headship – one of the core components of this Masters – will be a mandatory qualification for candidates applying for head teacher positions in Scotland from 2020.
Additionally, after graduating from the course you may also wish to pursue further studies in the form of a Doctorate in Education.
The PG Certificate Into Headship enables candidates to demonstrate the Standard for Headship and is accredited by the General Teaching Council for Scotland.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Engaging Critically with Professional Practices
- Into Headship 1: Developing as a strategic leader
- Middle Leadership: Principles and Practices
- Into Headship 2: Leading strategic change
- Coaching and Mentoring: Principles and Practices
- Examining Professional Practices (Work-Based Learning)
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
International applicants requiring a student visa are advised to apply at least eight weeks in advance of the start date.
DisciplinesTeaching Educational Leadership View 72 other Masters in Educational Leadership in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
A minimum of a second class Honours degree (2.1 preferred) or equivalent in a relevant subject.
- Applicants for the MSc Educational Leadership (with Specialist Qualification for Headship) should be registered or eligible to register with the General Teaching Council for Scotland.
- Prospective applicants for the Postgraduate Certificate “Into Headship” must have demonstrated experience of significant leadership practice as appropriate in their sector and be sponsored by their local authority to apply through Education Scotland.
- You must normally be within two to three years of taking up a post as a head teacher and be sponsored by your local authority to apply through Education Scotland.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
National666 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 666 GBP per module during 36 months.
- fees ranging from £666 to £2,044 depending on module and number of credits
Living costs for Stirling
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.