The International Business Tax Economics offered at Tilburg University is unique in its kind because it is interdisciplinary and focuses on concepts and principles underlying tax systems worldwide, rather than focusing on the tax system of one country only.
Program and courses
Focus on the functioning and structure of taxation worldwide, both from a private and public perspective, and learn how to apply the acquired knowledge in any tax jurisdiction. The program offers:
- A powerful combination of academic theory and application in global tax practices, in future-oriented courses such as Transfer Pricing and Tax & Technology. Possibility to apply the acquired knowledge in any tax jurisdiction.
- Inspirational lectures by internationally-reputed lecturers affiliated to the largest Fiscal Institute within Europe: the Fiscal Institute Tilburg.
- Additionally, students have many possibilities to integrate their curriculum by participating in projects which deepen their knowledge and broaden their experience in the field of international taxation:
- Extended Master: go the extra mile and apply for a six-month traineeship on top of your Master’s program.
- International and European Tax Moot Court Competition : sharpen your skills of oral presentation and written argumentation in a competitive international environment.
- EUCOTAX Wintercourse: this yearly program, sponsored by EY, is popular among students and academics from European and American Universities.
- QTEM program : an extension of your regular Master’s program, during which you will study abroad at prestigious universities, and conduct an international internship at a renowned multinational.
International Business Tax Economics offers you outstanding career prospects. Expect to get a job soon after you graduate, finding positions in the private sector (internationally-operating companies, consulting firms) as well as in the public and non-profit sectors.
Graduates work or start for example as:
- International tax consultant at Ernst & Young (Italy)
- Indirect tax assistant at KPMG (United Kingdom)
- Analyst international corporate income tax at Deloitte (Netherlands)
- Assistant manager of transfer pricing unit at KPMG, (Indonesia)
- Tax Advisor at PwC (Luxembourg)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Business Taxation
- Business Taxation and Decision-Making Processes
- Corporate Tax Structures
- Value Added Tax in Cross-Border Situations
- International and European Taxation
- Advanced Financial Accounting
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Seminar Taxation
- Transfer Pricing
- Tax and Technology (VU)
- Tax and Technology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesEconomics International Relations Taxation View 129 other Masters in Economics in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A Bachelor's degree in Business Economics / Economics or a similar qualification from a university recognized by the Admissions Board.
- Your application for admission to the program will be evaluated on an individual basis, taking into consideration the content of your Bachelor's program and your performance in this program.
- Empirical techniques or other quantitative methods
- It is compulsory for this program to submit your GRE General Test
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14900 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA2205 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2205 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Tilburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
FundingPartner Scholarships Tilburg School of Economics and Management (TiSEM)
- Tuition fee waiver (25%) for non-EU students of non-EU partner universities of the Tilburg School of Economics and Management.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.