Prospective students will be provided with the engineering and scientific fundamentals in order to be able to face current and future engineering and environmental problems. The study offers interdisciplinary approach to better understand the world labor market demand and provides students with a wider picture of water resources and environmental engineering through fundamentals and basic principles.
Objectives and Mission
The goal of the Water Resources and Environmental Engineering program at University of Split is to train outstanding engineers and future scientists to conduct research in areas that are of great importance to modern engineering needs in the areas of water resources and environmental engineering. It is our intention to provide students with a high quality-learning environment to gain fundamentals and specialized engineering knowledge, while developing skills in critical thinking, communication, teamwork and leadership.
Graduates of the WREE program will be qualified for a professional career in:
- the private sector (engineering applications in different domains)
- the research sector (research at universities or research institutions)
- the public sector (consulting in administrations, defining and implementing policies for sustainable development)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Computational Methods in Water Resources and Environmental Engineering
- GIS & Remote Sensing Applications
- Environmental Economics
- Environmental Geochemistry
- Applied Soil and Rock Mechanics
- Watershed Hydrology
- Earth Observation Data and Environmental Monitoring
- Sustainable/Green Supply Chain Management
- Groundwater Flow and Solute Transport Modeling
- Coastal Zone Structures
- Project Management and Decision Support
- Coastal Oceanography
- Integrated Water Resources Management
- Water Protection and Municipal Wastewater and Rain Water Treatment
- Environmental Risk Assessment
- Surface Water Quality Modeling
- Air Pollution Modeling
- Master Thesis
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The master program addresses candidates holding at least Bachelor's Degree (first cycle, 6th EQF level, minimum 180 ECTS credits or equivalent) in civil engineering and related fields (e.g., agricultural or environmental engineering, geology, geography, etc.).
- The prospective students should have sufficient knowledge of English (knowledge level B1 of the Common European Framework CEF).
- Admission is subject to an assessment of candidates’ achievements and educational background.
International4500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Split
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.