On this MA Applied Linguistics and TESOL degree course, you’ll take your qualifications to Master’s level – whether you choose to study full-time, part-time, or part-time via distance learning – and develop your expertise in fields that interest you the most.
You'll enhance your teaching skills too, so when you graduate, you'll be ready to take the next ambitious strides in your career.
Careers and opportunities
When you finish the Applied Linguistics and TESOL (Distance Learning) course at University of Portsmouth , our Careers and Employability service can help you find a job that puts your skills to work in the industry.
Previous students have gone on to work in universities in the UK and abroad, continued their studies, or taken on more advanced roles in their current place of work.
After you leave the University, you can get help, advice and support for up to 5 years from our Careers and Employability service as you advance in your career.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Second Language Acquisition
- Theory and Practice of TESOL
- Using Technology and Corpora in Learning, Teaching and Research
- World Englishes
- Analysing, Evaluating and Writing Material
- Analysing Discourse
- Professional Portfolio
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesLanguages Linguistics View 35 other Masters in Linguistics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A good honours degree or equivalent, plus initial teacher training and a minimum of three months full-time, relevant, teaching experience. If you do not have relevant teaching experience, you can still apply for our campus programme, and you will study an additional non-credit bearing module The Classroom Practice of TESOL at no additional cost.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International2600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2600 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA2600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2600 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.