The program enables graduates to acquire competences for aesthetic sensitivity and ability to work actively and creatively in the art field, to master art techniques, creative processes and skills as well as appropriate articulation of artistic terms and application of some specific information and communication technology.
The basic goal of the programme is to educate a knowledgeable graduate who:
- is equipped with all the necessary general and specific knowledge, skills and competences to be able to cope as a teacher with the requirements of contemporary primary school education at the lover level;
- is creative in solving of problems in different complex and unpredictable situations which arise in the educational and schooling process;
- is able to justify his/her pedagogical and didactical decisions and procedures with rational, professional and research based arguments;
- easily finds a job.
The study programme is prepared in accordance with the Bologna declaration, meaning that it is also internationally comparable and at the same time enables the students a transition among programmes and a free choice of subjects.
Subject specific competences:
- deepened ability for solving of concrete pedagogical problems using scientific methods and procedures;
- integral knowledge on and understanding of developmental characteristics, differences and needs of children, understanding the notion of a child;
- deepened knowledge on, understanding of and use of curriculum theories and didactical and content related characteristics of educational process in art education and fine arts in primary and secondary schools;
- aesthetic sensibility and capability of active and creative work in the fields of fine arts;
- mastering of fine arts techniques, creative procedures and skills;
- ability of content related drafting and realization of fine arts materializations;
- ability of terminologically appropriate articulation of fine arts notions;
- ability of skilful use of information and communication technological means; and
- ability of skilful use of some informational and communication technological means, specific for fine arts.
Year 1: 1st Semester
- Information-Communication Technology (3)
- Fine Art Pedagogy (9)
- Methodology of Scientific Research (6)
- Teaching Practice at a Secondary School (6)
- Elective course 1 (6)
- Drawing (6)
- Intermedia Arts (6)
- Fine Art Education in the Gallery (6)
- Selected Topics in Aesthetics (6)
- Narration in Visual Arts (6)
- Museology and Museum Practicum (6)
- Exercises in Style (6)
Year 1: 2nd Semester
- Master’s Thesis (20)
- Elective course 1 (5)
- Elective course 2 (5)
- Painting (5)
- Sculpture (5)
- Printmaking and Printed Art (5)
More informationVisit official programme website
Detailed programme structure is available under "Overview".
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
Candidates apply in 2 application periods. However, in the 2nd, they may apply only for programmes still having vacancies that the faculty decides to fill.
DisciplinesEducation View 6 other Masters in Education in Slovenia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Please find detailed admission requirements at the following link: https://www.um.si/studij/podiplomski-studij/Documents/PEF_EN_20-21.pdf (page 2).
The Call for Application into Postgraduate Study Programmes of the University of Maribor for the 2020/2021 Academic Year is available at https://www.um.si/en/Study/about/Pages/call-for-enrolment-postgraduate-2020-21.aspx.
Full-time students from Slovenia and other EU countries, and full-time students from non-EU countries who are granted international protection, applicants for international protection and persons from countries with which Slovenia has concluded bilateral agreement (i.e. North Macedonia, Montenegro, Kosovo, B&H, and Serbia) pay NO TUITION FEE (except the part for studying in English, if applicable) if they have not already obtained an education corresponding to master's degree.
You may find scholarship opportunities offered by the Public Scholarship, Development, Disability and Maintenance Fund of the RS at the following website: http://www.sklad-kadri.si/en/calls-for-applications-and-news/calls-for-applications.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.