The Software Engineering and Digital Transformation programme from LUT University addresses the application of engineering principles of software and systems development, including design methodologies, business process and service modelling and re-engineering, operation principles, and maintenance and quality assurance approaches.
Digital transformation in this context refers to the change associated with the application of the software engineering body of knowledge to the transformation and modernisation of digital assets of business and industry.
Possible jobs for graduates of Software Engineering:
- software developer
- software architect
- requirements engineer
- database administrator
- user experience specialist
- team leader
- project manager
Possible jobs for graduates of Digital Transformation:
- business process analyst
- business service innovator
- digital transformation consultant
- business intelligence manager
- project leader
- project manager
- digital transformer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Software engineering models and methods
- Requirements engineering
- Running a software project
- Research design methods
- Architectures and architectural patterns
- Data-intensive software systems
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- The next rolling admission is 1 November 2021 − 31 May 2022.
- The next regular admission is 1 December 2021 − 19 January 2022.
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Computer Sciences Software Engineering View 17 other Masters in Software Engineering in Finland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Degrees Completed Worldwide (excluding Finland)
- Bachelor of Science in Technology OR closely related to Technology - Completed in a University - All countries
- Bachelor of Engineering - Completed in a University of Applied Sciences - EU/EEA countries
- Bachelor of Science in Business Informatics or in Business Information Technology - Completed in a University - All countries
- Bachelor of Business in Informatics or in Business Information Technology - Completed in a University of Applied Sciences - All countries
- The degree must be equivalent to a similar Finnish Bachelor's Degree regarding to number of academic years and ECTS credits.
- The degree must give you eligibility to apply to university level Master's studies in the country where the degree was completed in.
- Having completed a Master's Degree still makes you eligible to apply, but only when applying with a Bachelor's Degree.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13500 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Lappeenranta
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.