Would you like to become an economist, work in institutions supporting market regulators, become a risk manager or specialise in economic-financial consultancy? This Economics and Finance programme at Ca' Foscari University of Venice offers different curricula to sharpen your economic and financial knowledge: the quantitative economics curriculum, taught entirely in English, allows you to study abroad with the Erasmus Mundus programme, while the other curriculum (one in Italian and one in English) focuses on the finance sector, preparing you to launch a career in financial markets, in the main areas of banking, finance and insurance management (for example, loans, finance, treasuries, securities, organisation, planning, and internal controls) or in the management of financial investments.
Thanks to the economic and financial interpretative tools the programme provides, you will be capable of assuming a position of responsibility both in private companies and in Italian or international public organisations.
Launching your career
As a graduate, you'll have the knowledge you need to find employment at financial institutions and to operate as professional managers, analysts, consultants and brokers. Some of your possible career opportunities are:
- Economic systems specialist
- Business economics specialist
- Corporate finance analyst
- Market regulation specialist
- International business and finance consultant
- Insurance expert
- Business analyst
- Financial analyst
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
There are two English-taught paths, or curricula, available:
- The Economics-QEM curriculum focuses on in-depth study of economic issues, in both a microeconomic and macroeconomic context, and quantitative methods for the theoretical and empirical analysis of these issues. As a student of this, curriculum you can participate in the Erasmus Mundus programme (QEM).
- The Finance Curriculum provide students with specialist knowledge in financial markets, the main areas of management of financial intermediaries (credit, finance, treasury, securities, organisation, planning and control) the management of financial investments and the measurement and management of financial risks, financial advice and insurance, supplementary pension schemes and the management of pension funds, the organisation of the internal processes and the administrative management of banks and financial intermediaries in general.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEconomics Finance View 42 other Masters in Finance in Italy
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- To be eligible for admission, you must satisfy certain curricular requirements. You therefore need to have completed 60 ECTS in the fields of Business, Economics, Law and Statistical Mathematics. For more specific information, please check the programme web page or contact us!
- You need a certified B2-level knowledge of English.
- A Teaching Committee assesses your CV in order to make sure that you possess adequate personal preparation.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International2100 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2100 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2117 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2117 EUR per year during 24 months.
- As a public university in Europe, Ca' Foscari not only keeps tuition fees low, but also provides targeted financial aid for high-achieving international students. Our scholarship offers will be announced in September 2021, so be sure to check back here or use the form to contact us so we can reach out when the announcement is made.
- The regional government also offers financial aid for international students from low-income families for which you can apply after enrolment.
Living costs for Venice
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
As a public university in Europe, Ca' Foscari not only keeps tuition fees low, but also provides targeted financial aid for high-achieving international students. Our scholarship offers will be announced in September 2022, so be sure to check back here or use the form to contact us so we can reach out when the announcement is made.The regional government also offers financial aid for international students from low-income families for which you can apply after enrolment.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.