Would you like to become an economist, work in institutions supporting market regulators, become a risk manager or specialise in economic-financial consultancy? This Economics and Finance programme at Ca' Foscari University of Venice offers different curricula to sharpen your economic and financial knowledge: the quantitative economics curriculum, taught entirely in English, allows you to study abroad with the Erasmus Mundus programme, while the other curriculum (one in Italian and one in English) focuses on the finance sector, preparing you to launch a career in financial markets, in the main areas of banking, finance and insurance management (for example, loans, finance, treasuries, securities, organisation, planning, and internal controls) or in the management of financial investments.
Thanks to the economic and financial interpretative tools the programme provides, you will be capable of assuming a position of responsibility both in private companies and in Italian or international public organisations.
Launching your career
As a graduate, you'll have the knowledge you need to find employment at financial institutions and to operate as professional managers, analysts, consultants and brokers. Some of your possible career opportunities are:
- Economic systems specialist
- Business economics specialist
- Corporate finance analyst
- Market regulation specialist
- International business and finance consultant
- Insurance expert
- Business analyst
- Financial analyst
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The degree program is divided into three different curricula:
- Economics-QEM Curriculum (taught entirely in English)
- Finance Curriculum (taught entirely in English)
- Economics and Finance Curriculum (taught in Italian)
Some of the subjects offered by the program are:
- Bank Strategy and Organization
- Risk Measurement
- Bank Legislation
- Strategic Finance
- Behavioral Economics
- Competition Law
- Empirical Economics
- International Finance Regulation
Double/Joint Degrees Available
- Double degree in Economics, Econometrics, and Finance (MEEF) with Aix–Marseille University (France)
- Double degree in Master Economie et Ingénierie Financière (MEF) – Université Paris-Dauphine (France)
- Joint degree in Models and Methods in Economics and Management – Erasmus Mundus (QEM) in collaboration with Université Pantheon – Sorbonne – Paris 1 (France); Universitat Autònoma – Barcelona (Spain); Université Catholique de Louvain (Belgium); Warsaw School of Economics (Poland)
- Double degree in Master of Science in Financial Analytics with Stevens Institute of Technology (USA)
- Double Degree in Master in Economics and Finance with Henley Business School - University of Reading (UK)
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
Ca' Foscari will begin accepting applications for the 2022/23 academic year on 7 December 2021. The application procedure takes place entirely online.
DisciplinesEconomics Finance View 42 other Masters in Finance in Italy
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- To be eligible for admission, you need to have completed 60 ECTS in the fields of Business, Economics, Law, and Statistical Mathematics. For more specific information, please check the program web page or contact us!
- You also need a certified B2-level knowledge of English for the curriculm taught in English and a B2-level knowledge of Italian and English for the curriculum taught in Italian.
- A Teaching Committee assesses your CV in order to make sure that you possess adequate personal preparation.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International2100 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2100 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2117 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2117 EUR per year during 24 months.
- Ca’ Foscari’s tuition fees are remarkably low. This is a result of both heavy subisidising by the Italian Ministry of Education, Universities and Research, which covers approximately 70% of the actual cost, and Ca’ Foscari’s belief in the need to make university affordable to all. According to their nationality, students can pay from 700 euros to 2.117 euros per year.
- In addition, Ca’ Foscari offers a variety of forms of financial aid, including scholarships, exemption from and reduction of fees, student loans and awards for outstanding theses.
Living costs for Venice
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
As a public university in Europe, Ca' Foscari not only keeps tuition fees low, but also provides targeted financial aid for high-achieving international students. Our scholarship offers will be announced in early November 2021, so be sure to check back here or use the form to contact us so we can reach out when the announcement is made.The regional government also offers financial aid for international students from low-income families for which you can apply after enrolment.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.