Would you like to become an economist, work in institutions supporting market regulators, become a risk manager or specialise in economic-financial consultancy?
This Economics and Finance programme at Ca' Foscari University of Venice offers different curricula to sharpen your economic and financial knowledge: the quantitative economics curriculum, taught entirely in English, allows you to study abroad with the Erasmus Mundus programme, while the other curriculum (one in Italian and one in English) focuses on the finance sector, preparing you to launch a career in financial markets, in the main areas of banking, finance and insurance management (for example, loans, finance, treasuries, securities, organisation, planning, and internal controls) or in the management of financial investments.
Thanks to the economic and financial interpretative tools the programme provides, you will be capable of assuming a position of responsibility both in private companies and in Italian or international public organisations.
Launching your career
As a graduate, you'll have the knowledge you need to find employment at financial institutions and to operate as professional managers, analysts, consultants and brokers. Some of your possible career opportunities are:
- Economic systems specialist
- Business economics specialist
- Corporate finance analyst
- Market regulation specialist
- International business and finance consultant
- Insurance expert
- Business analyst
- Financial analyst
QS by Subject #250 Accounting and Finance
QS by Subject #250 Economics and Econometrics
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
There are two English-taught paths, or curricula, available:
- The Economics-QEM curriculum focuses on in-depth study of economic issues, in both a microeconomic and macroeconomic context, and quantitative methods for the theoretical and empirical analysis of these issues. As a student of this, curriculum you can participate in the Erasmus Mundus programme (QEM).
- The Finance Curriculum provide students with specialist knowledge in financial markets, the main areas of management of financial intermediaries (credit, finance, treasury, securities, organisation, planning and control) the management of financial investments and the measurement and management of financial risks, financial advice and insurance, supplementary pension schemes and the management of pension funds, the organisation of the internal processes and the administrative management of banks and financial intermediaries in general.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
Ca' Foscari will begin accepting applications for the 2021/22 academic year in November, and the application procedure is carried out online.
DisciplinesEconomics Finance View 47 other Masters in Economics in Italy
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- To be eligible for admission, you must satisfy certain curricular requirements. You therefore need to have completed 60 ECTS in the fields of Business, Economics, Law and Statistical Mathematics.
- You need a certified B2-level knowledge of English.
- A Teaching Committee assesses your CV in order to make sure that you possess adequate personal preparation.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International2100 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2100 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA2061 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2061 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
To make education as affordable as possible to all, Ca' Foscari offers tuition fee reductions to students coming from non-OECD countries, with fees sometimes as low as 700 euro per year.
For high-achieving international students, Ca' Foscari offers:
- renewable tuition fee waivers
- one-time scholarships of €5,000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.