Students develop skills related to methodology, transdisciplinary interactions and using a systems approach.
- understand the One Health concept and approach problem solving using a transdisciplinary methodology
- understand the origin, context and drivers of infectious disease at the human, animal and environment interface
- evaluate impacts of multi-host infections on human, animal and ecosystem health and economics directly, or indirectly via food, vectors or the environment
- develop a One Health systems approach to complex disease issues in monitoring, surveillance, diagnosis, prevention and control
- critically review published literature
- design and complete a research project (MSc only)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Economics of One Health (RVC)
- One Health Skills Development (RVC)
- Medical Anthropology and Public Health (LSHTM)
- Environmental Epidemiology (LSHTM)
- Epidemiology of Infectious Diseases (LSHTM)
- Globalisation and Health (LSHTM)
- Vector Biology and Vector-Parastite Interactions (LSHTM)
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences Animal Sciences View 87 other Masters in Animal Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Applicants should have a first- or second-class university honours degree or equivalent. Individuals with degrees in biological sciences, veterinary or human medicine, animal sciences, social sciences, statistics and economics, are all encouraged to apply. Applicants from overseas will be required to provide evidence of proficiency in spoken and written English, including scientific usage and comprehension.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International25620 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25620 GBP per year during 12 months.
National14170 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14170 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Home £7,185 /year
- EU/Overseas £12,910/year
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.