The aim of the MSc course in Petroleum Engineering from Instituto Superior Técnico is offering training in upstream exploration and production of hydrocarbons in two large blocks:Basic and introductory concepts of Petroleum Engineering
Basic concepts on reservoir geology and geophysics, technological areas of upstream, like the seismic exploration, drilling, production, and management and planning of exploration and production.
The employment opportunities are much diversified and the holders of this master degree will be prepared to develop activities in the upstream oil sector in the Oil & Gas industry.
- Reservoir engineering
- Petroleum engineering
- Modeling of petroleum reservoirs
- Geophysycal surveys
- Seismic processing
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Oil and Gas
- Geophysical Digital Signal Processing
- Reservoir Engineering
- Applied Geophysics for Hydrocarbon Exploration
- Stochastic Modelling of Oil Reservoirs
- Petroleum Engineering Seminars
- Soil and Rock Dynamics
- Geology of Petroleum Systems
- Enviromental Fluid Mechanics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Mining, Oil & Gas View 35 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Portugal
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
You may apply for a Master’s or an integrated master’s (2nd study cycle) under the following conditions:
- If you have completed an undergraduate or an integrated masters (1st study cycle) at Instituto Superior Técnico, even though with no scientific consistency with the course of the 2nd study cycle that you wish to apply to;
- Hold an undergraduate degree (1st study cycle) in the field of Science and Technology (except in the case of the 2nd study cycle in Architecture which requires a 1st study cycle programme in Architecture);
- Hold either an academic, scientific or professional curriculum verifying the capability to complete the master’s programme you are applying to.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International7000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA1063 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1063 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.