The curriculum of the Chemistry programme from Instituto Superior Técnico is based on solid faculty skills and, at the same time, focuses on strategic aspects in which the need for skilled and versatile professionals is recognized.
The IST offers a second cycle of university studies, leading to the degree of Master in Chemistry, which is broken down four semesters to which can apply candidates holding a diploma of first compatible cycle (Degree in Chemistry or equivalent).
The course aims at preparing experts and researchers with the capacity of acting in cutting-edge areas in Chemistry, through an advanced education in cross-cutting, core and specialty disciplines, which include a laboratory component, culminating in an original research project.
The study plan, backed by a highly-skilled teaching body, invests in strategic aspects in which the lack of skilled and versatile professionals is recognised.
Industry and Services Laboratories, with emphasis on activities requiring responsibility and autonomy, in the areas of Fine Chemistry, Pharmaceuticals, Cosmetics and Agro-Food Sciences, Environmental Technology, Materials and emerging interface areas.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Catalysis and Catalytic Processes
- Integrated Precepts
- Materials Chemistry
- Energy Storage
- Functional Materials
- Nanostructured Materials and Nanotechnologies
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
You may apply for a Master’s or an integrated master’s (2nd study cycle) under the following conditions:
- If you have completed an undergraduate or an integrated masters (1st study cycle) at Instituto Superior Técnico, even though with no scientific consistency with the course of the 2nd study cycle that you wish to apply to;
- Hold an undergraduate degree (1st study cycle) in the field of Science and Technology (except in the case of the 2nd study cycle in Architecture which requires a 1st study cycle programme in Architecture);
- Hold either an academic, scientific or professional curriculum verifying the capability to complete the master’s programme you are applying to.
International7000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA1063 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1063 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Lisbon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.