An RVC Master of Research (MRes) of Royal Veterinary College may be for you if you do not wish to commit to undertaking a PhD but want to try a sizeable research project and gain the generic skills applicable to research. You can do this over one-year full time, or over two years part-time while you are continuing your career.
The MRes is designed to equip you to acquire the experience and the skills needed to enter a PhD programme or to move on to careers where advanced research experience will help you. It is an excellent training opportunity for both biological and veterinary graduates and addresses both basic and clinical problems in the biosciences, with applications in veterinary and human medicine. Research areas span cell and molecular science, whole animal physiology and population medicine.
An RVC MRes will develop you as a scientist who is capable of working across interdisciplinary teams and who can tackle problems of practical relevance to veterinary and medical science. You will:
- Learn from experts who produce cutting-edge research in a range of subjects and are published in the top academic journals
- Join an international team of staff and students
- Benefit from close proximity to other international centres of excellence in biomedical and biological sciences.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Comparative Physiology & Medicine
- Livestock Production and Health
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVeterinary Medicine View 35 other Masters in Veterinary Medicine in United Kingdom
- Applicants must have a first or second class university honours degree.
- Applicants should have a university honours degree (first or second class) in biological science, veterinary science or medicine.
- You must be able to communicate clearly in English, both verbally and in writing. If English is not your first language you must take an IELTS-Academic test (from the British Council). You need to achieve an overall score of 7.0 with a minimum of 6.5 in each sub-test. The test result must have been obtained within 2 years of the start-date of the course.
International24080 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 24080 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA4407 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4407 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.