Focused on real-world challenges, this Health Policy degree from City, University of London is the ideal platform for you to explore in detail the many social, political and economic factors that influence health policy development across the world.
You will have plenty of scope to pursue your own areas of interest through our wide range of elective modules.
Over the course of your studies, you will address key issues relating to health policy in a range of contexts, including:
- How can we best meet people’s changing health needs?
- What are the most effective ways to finance and organise health care?
- How do we tackle health inequalities?
- How do we balance cost-effectiveness with high quality, comprehensive and person-centred health services?
Health and health care are at the top of political agendas around the world, affecting the lives of countless millions of people and shaping policy at national and international levels.
The policy knowledge and analytical and evaluation skills you will acquire on this master’s degree will be in demand in a wide range of settings, including:
- medicine, nursing, public health and allied health professions
- health management and administration
- national and local government
- national and international NGOs and agencies
- research institutions and consultancies
- the pharmaceutical, insurance and other health-related industries.
Programme StructureCore modules cover:
- The health policy process, politics and power
- International health systems
- Health economics
- Research methods and policy evaluation.
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences Public Policy View 353 other Masters in Public Policy in United Kingdom
To apply for this course, you must have:
- a second-class honours degree or the equivalent from an international institution. We also consider applications from individuals who may not have prior experience of working within the health sector but who have plans for a career in health policy.
- significant relevant employment experience in the health sector may be considered.
International14050 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14050 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11240 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11240 GBP per year during 12 months.
Part-time per year
- UK: £5,620
- Overseas/EU: £7,025
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.